Presentation Study Guide 1.1
Lesson 1: Curriculum and why it matters?
OUTLINE FOR TAKING NOTES
Video Part 1.1A and 1.1B
I. Introduction to EDU 630
A. Shaping: Potter analogy
B. Centering curriculum
C. Course description (expanded)
D. Course Objectives
REVIEW QUESTIONS Lesson 1.1
- What can we learn about developing curriculum from the description of a potter shaping a piece of clay into a useful object.
- Briefly summarize our calling as Christians to move “all educational endeavors in a normative direction” rather than an anti-normative direction.
- Which should hold greater authority for the Christian teacher, God’s Word or a government curriculum guide? Why?
- What are some products of the curriculum development process?
- What two aspects of the curriculum need to be assessed?
- Why should we consider using local or national standards from government curriculum guides?