Presentation Study Guide 3.1
EDU610 FOUNDATIONS FOR CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
Lesson 3: Worldview Framework: Fall
Video Part 1: Introduction/Aspects of the fall
OUTLINE FOR TAKING NOTES
- Essential questions
- The Fall: Introduction
- Historical reality of the fall
- Scope of the fall
- Significance for humans and human endeavors
- Significance for non-human world
- God's good creation vs. corrupted creation
- Sin as a parasite
- Common grace
- Misdirection of creational structures (structure-direction)
- Biblical use of "world"
- Role of Satan
- The problem: man's sin
- Is the fall (Genesis 3) an actual event in history or a story with a moral? Explain why it matters.
- Which Bible passage teaches about the ground being cursed because of Adam’s sin?
- Which Bible verse tells us that all of creation is distorted, enslaved in bondage to decay, and now "groans" awaiting the return of Christ?
- What is the Old Testament term used to convey a sense of “universal flourishing, wholeness, and delight…all under the arch of God’s love the way things are supposed to be”?